We care and support you the patient and your families and whanau... by providing a comprehensive hospice palliative care service.
Our services are provided free to all our patients and their caregivers, thanks largely to the generosity of the people in the community in a variety of meaningful ways.
The hospice palliative community care team provides a high standard of care for you, your family and whanau - to help you adjust to the changes in your lifestyle caused by your illness.
te whare tapa wha ~ Sir Mason Durie
The four cornerstones of health...
Taha Tinana- physical health - Good physical health
Taha Wairua - spiritual health - Unseen and unspoken energies; faith and spiritual awareness
Taha Hinengaro - mental health - Inseparability of mind and body; expressing thoughts and feelings
Taha Whãnau - extended family health - Wider social systems; belonging, sharing and caring
Medical / Nursing Care Services
- Te Rangimarie Hospice in-patient unit
- Community Palliative Care nursing
- Taranaki Base & Hawera hospitals in-patient service
- Respite Care
- Night Nursing
- Aged Care facility support
- 24 hour after hours telephone service 06 753 7830
Support Services to Patient / Families
- Day Programme
- Carer group
- Family support (including bereavement counselling)
- Spiritual Care
- Kaiawhina (cultural support)
- Bereavement group
- Respite care (at Te Rangimarie and rest homes)
- Social Worker
- Occupational therapy, Physiotherapy
- Volunteer Support & Training
- Education for Primary care (ie GP's, aged care staff)
- Biography Services
- Memorial services (2 per year in New Plymouth; 1 in Hawera)
These services are managed, monitored, reviewed and developed to enhance the level and quality of service delivered in Taranaki.