How we care for and support patients and families...
Hospice Taranaki offers a comprehensive hospice palliative care service
Meeting the needs of patients and families
Hospice Taranaki offers a comprehensive hospice palliative care service. Our services are free to all patients and their caregivers, thanks to the generosity of the people in the community who make donations, support the HospiceShops and leave bequests to help meet costs.
te whare tapa wha ~ Sir Mason Durie
The four cornerstones of health...
Taha Tinana- physical health - Good physical health
Taha Wairua - spiritual health - Unseen and unspoken energies; faith and spiritual awareness
Taha Hinengaro - mental health - Inseparability of mind and body; expressing thoughts and feelings
Taha Whãnau - extended family health - Wider social systems; belonging, sharing and caring
Medical / Nursing Care Services
- Te Rangimarie Hospice in-patient unit
- Community Palliative Care nursing
- Taranaki Base & Hawera hospitals in-patient service
- Respite Care
- Night Nursing
- Aged Care facility support
- 24 hour after hours telephone service 06 753 7830
Support Services to Patient / Families
- Day Programme
- Carer group
- Family support (including bereavement counselling)
- Spiritual Care
- Kaiawhina (cultural support)
- Bereavement group
- Respite care (at Te Rangimarie and rest homes)
- Social Worker
- Occupational therapy, Physiotherapy
- Volunteer Support & Training
- Education for Primary care (ie GP's, aged care staff)
- Biography Services
- Memorial services (2 per year in New Plymouth; 1 in Hawera)
These services are managed, monitored, reviewed and developed to enhance the level and quality of service delivered in Taranaki.