Situation Vacant...Counsellor - Aged Care
The Counsellor for Aged Care role is to provide counselling and appropriate support to residents with palliative care needs in Aged Care facilities, their families/whanau and to staff.
Up to 16 hours per week.
Their is also involvement in supporting family/whanau after bereavement.
You will be:
- An outstanding communicator
- Able to build strong relationships at all levels
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
- A passionate and professional advocate for Hospice Taranaki
Ideally you will have:
- Degree in Counselling with at least 5 years counselling experience
- Experience in supervision and debriefing
- Experience of working in the health sector
- Experience of working with the elderly
- Knowledge and experience of working with loss and grief
- Knowledge and awareness of cultural safety and the implications of the Treaty of Waitangi for the health sector.
Please include a covering letter stating why you are interested in working for Hospice Taranaki and how your skills and experience fit the position we are offering.
To apply for this position please complete the forms located below:
Written applications close on 29 March 2019 and should be scanned/emailed/sent to:
Family Support Services Manager,
P O Box 5122,
New Plymouth 4343