Become part of a team that really makes a difference in the lives of our patients and their families/whanau
Our people believe in living life to the full, having pride and passion in our work, having fun, sharing the load and making small but important differences in the lives of others. As an employer/organisation of choice we support our people to develop and grow, contribute to the top of their skill set and abilities, become leaders in ways big and small and to rise to the challenge of our work to improve patient and family experience. We offer terms and conditions that respect and value skill whilst operating within our means and we have an environment that is underpinned by a can-do and collaborative culture that is pro-diversity and innovative in practice.
To deliver to our purpose takes a range of skill from a range of backgrounds.
If you share our commitment and have skill to offer, look to see if we have a vacancy for you.
Hospice Palliative Care Registered Nurse Inpatient/Community Rotation 0.8FTE (64 hours per fortnight).
Hospice Palliative Care Registered Nurse Inpatient/Community Rotation0.6FTE (48hours per fortnight).
Hospice Palliative Care Registered Nurse 0.6FTE (48hours per fortnight) Inpatient - no drivers license necessary, this is a 12 month parental leave.
If you have a desire to work with hospice palliative care, then this is an opportunity to join an outstanding team where you can make a real difference for people living with a terminal illness. The successful applicant will work on a rotational basis within Te Rangimarie Hospice the the community setting within New Plymouth.
Palliative Care training and experience would be an advantage, although full training will be provided on appointment. This position includes night and weekend work as part of the roster the community rotation also includes on-call.
We offer an excellent orientation programme with ongoing professional development opportunities. We also offer regular professional supervision, and a supportive and friendly workplace, with a team dedicated to helping people make the most of life.
If, as a Registered Nurse, you possess excellent communication, time management and organisational skills; ability to relate well to a wide range of people; have empathy with the health needs of Maori; can work independently and as part of a team; have knowledge and an appreciation of multi-culturalism and a commitment to completing post graduate study then we would like to hear from you.
You will need:
- to be a NZ resident at the time of application and hold all relevant work visa(s)
- Have a current full drivers licence.
Applications accepted until 5pm Friday 29th January 2021 - if you have any questions please do not hesitate to email Heather Koch
Send to: Heather Koch, Clinical Services Director, Hospice Taranaki Inc, PO Box 5122, New Plymouth 4343 OR e: email@example.com
Registered Counsellor or Therapist
We are currently seeking an experienced, professionally registered counsellor or therapist for 2 days per week to provide one to one and/or group counselling for palliative care patients, their families and whanau. This may occur at our in-patient unit (Te Rangimarie) or at the patients' residence. The role includes the delivery of our six-week Bereavement Support and Carer Education Programme which are each twice annually or more required.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualification that provides eligibility for registration with an appropriate professional body, i.e. NZAC, NZCCA, ANZACATA, NZAP.
- Full professional membership of an appropriate governing body, i.e. NZAC, NZCCA, ANZACATA, NZAP.
- Current practicing certificate.
- Ability and commitment to work cooperatively as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- At least 3 years post study counselling experience.
- Experience in development and delivery of both therapeutic and psychoeducational groups.
- Have a genuine interest and confidence in the ability to work with death and the dying.
- Knowledge of the principles of grief work, crisis intervention and mental health.
- Ability to connect with a wide range of people with diverse life stories.
- Full, clean driver's license.
- Excellent computer literacy.
Benefits to you
- Being part of a dynamic team who are passionate about the work that we do.
- A rich diversity of work colleagues and clients.
- A supportive workplace.
- Having the privilege of walking alongside others at a challenging time in their lives.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Stacey Marshall directly: 022 081 5800 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure your application is addressed to:
Stacey Marshall, Support Services Manager, Hospice Taranaki Inc, P O Box 5122, New Plymouth 4343.
Or via email: email@example.com
Your application must include a copy of your CV, a completed Hospice application pack and a cover letter stating why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience fit this position.
Applications close 5pm, Sunday 14th February 2021.
Warehouse Team Leader
Hospice Taranaki is the provinces leading charity goods retailer. We have an opportunity based at our warehousing operations site in Westown, New Plymouth.
The role of Warehouse Team Leader supports the site manager in all aspects of operations managing the inflow and outflow of donations and goods. This position will have responsibility for a number of key services across our network of five retail sites.
This appointment works 35 paid hours per week across Monday to Friday and from time to time may operate from another of our north Taranaki retail sites. The warehouse site has a small team of employed staff and teams of volunteers processing a wide variety of goods for storage and distributing for resale.
Our ideal appointee will have proven ability to work alongside a diverse range of people, be a self starter and able to work on their own as well as in a team setting, be able to problem solve and have previous experience in a warehousing environment. Staff leadership experience is preferred.
As this role has an amount of public contact, strong communication skills and the ability to always be professional in a wide range of situations will be very important.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. This position will close 12 February 2021.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience operating a forklift?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
You matter because you are you and you matter to the end of your life.
We will do all we can, not only to help you die peacefully, but also to live until you die.
(Dame Cicely Saunders - founder of the modern palliative care movement)