Volunteering - our lifeblood
About our volunteers
Volunteer Support Network
Specially recruited, trained and supervised volunteers support all components of the hospice programme. Some volunteers help support patients and their families while others help with reception, administration, computers, drivers, fundraising, Day Programme hosts, flower arranging, baking & preserving, knitting, biographers, gardeners, housekeeping or car cleaners.
Our HospiceShop Volunteers
Hospice Taranaki's four retail HospiceShops are staffed with the support of a huge team of skilled and dedicated volunteers. The contribution of volunteers enables Hospice Taranaki to help raise vital funds to care for patients and families within Taranaki Region.
HospiceShops Warehouse Volunteers
Hospice Warehouse on Borrell Ave, New Plymouth has a large team of skilled and dedicated volunteers, using their various backgrounds to assist Hospice make the most of each and every item donated.
To become a volunteer
- HospiceShops including the HospiceShops Warehouse - Please call into your nearest HospiceShop to request an application pack.
- Te Rangimarie and/or in the community, then please contact Lianne McElroy at Te Rangimarie 06 753 7830 or email Lianne McElroy to arrange a time to meet.
- Biographies, then please contact the Family Support Co-ordinator - Jenny Blyde
- Reception to fill in casual positions
- Housekeeping - casual rotation
- Providing transport
- Respite sitting
- All HospiceShops & New Plymouth HospiceShop Warehouse are looking for volunteers
Click here for Taranaki's HospiceShops location details.