Fundamentals of Palliative Care - once a week for five weeks
This package of education is primarily aimed at residential care staff; registered and unregistered. Even though delivery is currently being provided at aged care facilities.
This education package being of value to carers/support staff working across other health care settings and will accept registrations from those interested in attending.
NOTE: To be eligible to complete all sessions you must have attended or registered for session one.
- Please note these sessions require pre-reading and a post learning activity as well as completion of a post learning feedback form. Certificates of completion are not able to be provided until all session requirements have been fulfilled.
- COST: $75- please complete the application form - email this to Vanessa and then you will be invoiced (to pay prior to the workshop) No refunds.
- total of 5 sessions
- Essence of palliative care
- Ethical issues in palliative care
- Pain and symptom management
- Last days of life
- Palliative care for people with chronic conditions
- Palliative care for people with dementia
- Communication Skills
- Loss & grief and Caring for ourselves
each Wednesday DATES ...September 26th, October 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th
1300 - 1630
Te Rangimarie Hospice, 5 David St, Westown.